The Digital, Research, Innovation, Validation and Experimentation (D.R.I.V.E.) Consortium is being created to draw upon the best and the brightest that our nation has to offer for accomplishing a digital transformation of the Air Force. The scope is broad and intended to touch every aspect of the entire Air Force value-chain, which as result will necessitate engagement with a variety of industry stakeholders and academic institutions.
The innovation required for this transformative vision will require collaboration across companies to achieve some of the bigger objectives and others may be accomplished by a particular industry member with a unique capability. As RFP’s are developed, they will be released to the DRIVE Consortium members for consideration as an individual company or as a collaboration across companies. DRIVE will have a virtual collaborative working space to foster cross company engagement and innovation.
The RFP process for DRIVE will embrace the desire to accelerate innovation at a rapid pace, by making opportunities available to all DRIVE Consortium members simultaneously and shortening the time period from RFP release to award being granted in order to drive rapid innovation.
TECHNICAL AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Pathfinder demonstration of AF Digital Campaign concepts, such as creation, population, test operation of an Integrated Digital Environment
- Exploration of technologies underpinning an Authoritative Source of Truth
- Utilizing digital manufacturing and digital engineering approaches to accelerate the time from design to manufacture
- Reducing friction in customer-supplier relationships through the use of digital environments
- Analysis of the efficacy of relevant standards and architectures
- Industry roundtable or workshops
- Member-defined collaboration/projects
- Development and deployment of tailored training
- Evaluation of advanced methods such as quantum computing for future AF transformation needs